How do I get access to N-DEx? N-DEx access is granted on an individual user basis.
There are two ways to obtain access to N-DEx. The first is through the MiCJIN Portal. The second would be through the LEO Enterprise Portal. The directions below will assist you in gaining access through either portal.
Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP)
- Go to http:www.michigan.gov/msp
- Select Forms
- Under the Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) forms section, select the CJIS-020 N-DEx Application Access Request link.
- Complete sections 1 - 4 and fax the form to Ms. Wendy Easterbrook at 517-241-1904 or you can email the completed application to email@example.com
- Each user needs to establish a LEEP (Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal) account. The LEEP application form is found at http://www.cjis.gov/. Select the "Apply for an Account" button.
- Once the LEEP account is established the user will need to complete another request for their N-DEx access.
- Select the Special Interest Group icon.
- Locate the "Request N-DEx access" link under the N-DEx Resources section. You must enable "pop-ups" from this website.
- Choose the "States" link and locate the "Request Access Michigan" icon.
- Click the "I Meet the Criteria" link. In the text field, it is mandatory to complete the following information:
- Supervisor's Name
- Supervisor's phone number
- Originating Agency Identifier (ORI)
- Your email address
- Click "Submit" to forward your request to the sub-SIG moderator.
N-DEx Update - In keeping with the ever increasing effort to bolster information sharing within the criminal justice community, N-DEx is adding remote data sources in the filters section of the interface. To read further information about this topic, please read this update article.